About Me

My photo
I'm an aspiring writer, and I am who I am. Loud, annoying, thoughtful, absentminded, well-intentioned, and struggling for my place in the world. I'm a believer, a thinker, a dreamer, and an aspiring writer. If you like it, wonderful. If you don't, I don't care. God makes men what they are. Who am I to argue with God?

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Beginnings

I'm starting fresh. New classes, a new room, and a roommate. Thank God for the last one. The small changes have already made college life much more livable, and I have high hopes for what is coming. Maybe I'll find out exactly what I want out of this life. Maybe I can find a dream worth pursuing. It's a little late for new years resolutions, but I don't care. I need goals for this year, I think this will make me stick to them, and so here they are:

1. I am going to get back into shape. Not only do I want to be at the level I was before college, but I want to surpass it. Not just physically either. Physically, mentally, and spiritually I want to see progress.

2. I will finish (or at least attempt) rewriting and completing that stupid book.

3. I will waste less time. Not just time in front of a screen. I need to bring procrastination to a heel, and I know that I could be doing so much more with what I have. I don't want to look back with regret and have to wonder what I could have been if I had simply put forth the effort.

There it is, three goals. Let's see how this year goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment