About Me

My photo
I'm an aspiring writer, and I am who I am. Loud, annoying, thoughtful, absentminded, well-intentioned, and struggling for my place in the world. I'm a believer, a thinker, a dreamer, and an aspiring writer. If you like it, wonderful. If you don't, I don't care. God makes men what they are. Who am I to argue with God?

Monday, March 14, 2011

Procrastination is like masturbation: in the end, you're only screwing yourself

You know how everyone says that you can't be successful if you put things off until the last minute? It's one of those things I just sort of smiled and nodded to, but basically ignored. I had great grades in high school and college, was involved in everything, and was still incredibly lazy. I did my homework the night before, the morning of, or during class, and got through tests and discussions largely through my memory and my ability to bullshit. I figured if I worked hard during practice and rehearsal, turned in a passable assignment, and paid attention during class; I would be fine. There were a couple of close shaves, but I got A's, a starting spot, scholarships, and roles. I never took the idea of preparing very seriously.

Until this semester started kicking my ass. I have homework assignments out the wazoo, a job, passport and scholarship applications, 18 hours of class time, and no clue how I'm going to get caught up. Sorry, world, but Spring break was not long enough. I might have to mimic my roommate and hide myself away for a few weeks, venturing out only for class and food.

No comments:

Post a Comment