About Me

My photo
I'm an aspiring writer, and I am who I am. Loud, annoying, thoughtful, absentminded, well-intentioned, and struggling for my place in the world. I'm a believer, a thinker, a dreamer, and an aspiring writer. If you like it, wonderful. If you don't, I don't care. God makes men what they are. Who am I to argue with God?

Saturday, March 19, 2011

When I Remember. . .

"That boy is gone.
Sometimes I miss the way he wept at night.
To be still and not run,
To be rocked to sleep in your light.
These days there is not much that will bring tears to my eyes,
But when I remember who i am and who you are,
When I remember. . .
A cloud moves in, rain falls, thunder strikes, and sunshine breaks through the clouds.

I am walking blind,
So distracted that I dont even feel when you hold me.
When did I grow such thick skin?
You are my sunshine and rain,
My joy and sweet pain.
I'm a spotless stain.
That boy is gone,
But nobody moves me like you do
When I remember. . .

A cloud moves in, rain falls, thunder strikes
And sunshine breaks through the clouds
I can cry out of sorrow and joy
Every drop of rain turns into a crystal in the sun
So wash my eyes, my clothes, my skin, my bones, my soul
My feet, my love
I'm not forgotten
I'm in your thoughts cause I feel sunshine in the rain

To this day nobody moves,
Nobody,
Nobody moves me like you do."


It's funny when parts of your past poke their heads into your life again. I used to listen to those guys all the time when I was younger, but I never knew that they wrote this, or anything like it. This is the cry of my soul. I am something more than what I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment