About Me

My photo
I'm an aspiring writer, and I am who I am. Loud, annoying, thoughtful, absentminded, well-intentioned, and struggling for my place in the world. I'm a believer, a thinker, a dreamer, and an aspiring writer. If you like it, wonderful. If you don't, I don't care. God makes men what they are. Who am I to argue with God?

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Halfway there, and so am I. . .

Today is a good day. Mr. Nicholson's check may not be huge, but it knocks out almost a sixth of what Oxford will cost. At this point, I really wasn't expecting it either, especially after Brittanni got one of the grants. But there it is, another thousand dollars I won't have to earn (or I can spend on travel expenses).

It's amazing how after two weeks of hell, things start to come together. Dr. Raschko wants to help me with grad school. I got to pray for a friend who I never thought would want it. I won some money. No class today, and my school won the game. Life is good. I know things will probably go from good to suck to good and to suck again before the next time I post. It's important to remember these times though. To many times do men curse the heavens after falling off the chair God made them. I know my life will never be perfect or easy, but every now and then I think He lets me know that it'll still be good.

I haven't gotten everything together yet. I've still got a lot of stuff to work through, and it'll be a sleepy day in class tomorrow. But storms can never erase sunshine, hard as they try to cover it up. I won't let anything let me forget the moments of grace I see, even if they are vastly outnumbered by moments of pain and failure. It's enough. I survived half the semester. Round 4, final bout of sophomore year. Next year I'm a junior. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment